Baked Breakfast Cereals (Vegan)
Prep-time: 15 min Cooking time: 20 min Calories: 268.4
Cereals can become boring at times. Just pour some milk and that’s it. This recipe has interesting twists, firstly the tofu gives you a protein boost, secondly you can grab a slice and run out the door when you’re running out of time and thirdly the kids will love this.
Ingredients Serves 4
- 1 cup breakfast cereals
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ¾ cup silken tofu + 1tbsp corn starch
- ½ cup rice milk
- 2 tbsp melted vegan margarine
- 1 cup any fruit for topping
- Pre-heat an oven to 425 F
- Combine the breakfast cereals with the flour, sugar, cinnamon powder salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl. You can crush the cereals a bit if you like the pieces smaller.
- Blend the tofu with the milk, corn starch and melted margarine in an up-right blender and transfer to a separate bowl.
- Lightly grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Add the tofu/ milk mixture to the flour mix and combine.
- Ladle the mix into the baking pan and bake in the per-heated oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Top each slice with the mixed fruit.
- Serve warm or cold
Nutritional values are manually calculated and based on the ingredients specified.
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories: 268.4
- Fat: 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 94.3mg
- Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Dietary fiber: 1.8 g