Cabbage Rolls with Cabbage Sweet Potato Mousse
Prep-time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 20 min Calories: 416.0
When making cabbage rolls, Nappa cabbage is a good choice, it is long shaped, the leaves are easy to fill and roll and baking after that is a stroll.
The bottom parts combine very well with sweet potatoes and make a delicious accompanying mousse.
A filling of different beans with a nice spice mix make the rolls a protein rich, lovely tasting dinner dish. A slight spicy sauce gives the dish the tanginess it needs.
Ingredients: Serves: 4
For the cabbage rolls
- 8 Nappa cabbage leaves
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup mung beans
- 1 cup black eyed peas
- ½ cup onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
- Equal parts of ¼ tsp, fennel seeds, fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds
- Sea salt, pepper
For the mousse
- 1 medium white sweet potato (cut small)
- 8 0z cabbage leaves (cut of pieces and balance leaves)
- ½ cup soy milk
- 2 tsp cornstarch + 3 tbsp water
For the sauce
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp onion
- ½ red chili
- Soak the beans overnight, rinse and boil in water for 25 minutes
- Place the cabbage leaves in a large flat skillet add water and boil for 2 minutes
- Allow the leaves cool in the water, drain and cut of the white bottom part, about 3 inches
- Place the cut of pieces of the cabbage in a stockpot, add the sweet potato and bring to a boil with the soymilk
- Boil until the potato has softened, about ten minutes
- Place the mix in an up-right blender and blend smooth, season
- Transfer back to the stockpot from the blender, bring to a boil and thicken with the corn starch mix
- Drain the beans, add to the blender, add the spice mix, onions, garlic and pulse coarse
- Form sausage like shapes from the bean mix and place on the cabbage leaves.
- Fold the outer sides in and roll the leaves into rolls
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes in a 325 F oven
- Place the tomatoes in the blender, add the garlic, onion and chili
- Blend smooth and boil for 3 minutes in a sauce pan, season
- Arrange the rolls on plates with some cabbage potato mousse and drizzle with the sauce.
Nutritional values are manually calculated and based on the ingredients specified.
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories: 247.8
- Fat: 1.4
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 44.2 mg
- Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Protein: 12.7 g
- Dietary fiber: 13.8 g