Grilled and Fried Vegetables
Pre-time: 10 min Cooking time: 10 min Calories: 102.8
Vegetables like Napa cabbage, carrot, baby corn and tomato are a great, tasty and healthy combination. Grilled as in this recipe the combination is lifted to a different level. It gives them a lovely, smoky flavor, deliciously melting in your mouth, but they retain their firmness. A must try for a light, juicy lunch or as a side with a hearty protein.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 pound Napa cabbage
- 1 large carrot (cut into 1 ½ inch sticks)
- 12 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ¼ Kabocha squash ( cut into chunky pieces, skin on)
- 8 baby corn (cut lengthwise in half)
- 1 medium onion (halved and sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt, pepper
- Cut the Nappa cabbage lengthwise in quarters, remove the stem and separate the leaves.
- Season the leaves with salt pepper and 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat a griddle on medium heat and grill the Nappa leaves, 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat a frying pan with the rest of the olive oil on medium heat, add the onions, garlic and ginger, fry for 30 seconds
- Add the Kobacha squash, carrot and baby corn, fry for another 2 minutes
- Add the tomato and fry for another 30 seconds
- Season with the soya sauce, salt and pepper, add the spring onion and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide the Nappa cabbage leaves over four individual plates, top with the fried salad mix
- Serve warm
Nutritional values are manually calculated and based on the ingredients specified.
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories: 102.8
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 90.8 mg
- Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Dietary fiber: 3.7 g