Mung Bean, Tofu and Cucumber Salad (Vegan)
Prep-time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 min Calories: 485.0
Mung beans suit perfectly to make sprouts, by themselves they are a not only a great source of protein and anti- oxidants, they taste delicious also.
Combined with crispy tofu, bell pepper and refreshing cucumber this makes a wonderful lunch.
Ingredients: Serves: 4
- 2 cups raw mung beans
- 1 medium sized bell pepper (cut in strips)
- 2 blocks firm tofu
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 medium size cucumber
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- There is no need to soak mung beans, so rinse them and place in a pot with 4 cups of water, bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until cooked, about 25 minutes
- Cut the tofu in ½ inch square cubes, season with salt and pepper and coat with the rice flour
- Heat a skillet with 2 tbsp olive oil to medium heat and fry the tofu crispy, about 5 minutes, add the bell pepper strips for the last 30 seconds and mix together.
- Slice the cucumber in bite size pieces, place in a bowl, add salt, the dill, lemon juice and 4 tbsp olive oil, toss to combine.
- When the mung beans are cooked, drain excess water and add the margarine to the beans and mix.
- Arrange the mung beans on plates, top with the tofu and bell pepper and serve the cucumber salad on the side
- Serve warm
Nutritional values are manually calculated and based on the ingredients specified.
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories: 485.0
- Fat: 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8 g
- Sodium: 57.8 mg
- Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Protein: 21.8 g
- Dietary fiber: 10.9 g