Spicy Grilled Eggplant and Roasted Pumpkin (Vegan)
Prep-time: 25 minutes Cooking time: 5 min Calories: 343.0
It is time for some spicy food with an Asian twist. Spicy is often associated with Asian food, but Mexicans love spicy food as well, the chili paste in this recipe allows a choice, your home-made chili paste, or your favorite store bought.
Fermented bean paste has a special pungent taste that will make you crave for more, find the bean paste in Asian stores.
The potatoes add carbs to the dish, well needed with the cold months knocking on the door.
The dish asks for some preparation, but provides for a lovely combination of shapes, flavors and goodness.
Ingredients: Serves: 4
- 2 psc eggplant, cut in ½ inch thick slices
- 1 pound Kabocha squash cut into 2 inch square pieces
- 2 cups potato balls
- 4 pcs baby corn cut lengthwise in half
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 tbsp fermented bean paste
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Place the eggplant slices in a bowl, sprinkle with some salt and allow resting for 15 minutes to release moist. Drain on kitchen paper
- Pre-heat an oven to 350 F, spread the squash pieces on an oven tray sprinkle with olive oil and toss to coat. Roast the squash in the oven for 15 minutes
- Boil the potato balls in water for 7 to 8 minute, drain and keep aside.
- Heat a grill, grease with some oil and grill the eggplant slices about 1 minute on both sides. Do the same with the baby corn.
- Heat a large heavy skillet with 2 tbsp olive oil on medium heat, add all ingredients to the pan, add the chili and bean paste and mix well so all ingredients are well coated.
- Arrange over 4 individual plates and serve warm.
Nutritional values are manually calculated and based on the ingredients specified.
Nutritional value per serving:
- Calories: 343.0
- Fat: 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.0 g
- Sodium: 44.8 mg
- Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Protein: 8.1 g
- Dietary fiber: 11.0 g